The McDonald’s in Park Layne was evacuated Thursday afternoon as a precautionary measure after electrical problems with an oven.

Initial reports indicate that an oven shorted out causing arcing, but no fire. The electrical problem activated the fire suppressant system and fire-retardant materials fell from the ceiling.

There were no injuries.

The restaurant will need to be cleaned and inspected by the Health Department before they can reopen.

Bethel Twp. Fire officials expect the business to be closed for about 24 hours.