North Hampton may be a small community, but the village’s Lions Club promises that its 2017 Street Fair offers big fun for everyone.
The 8th annual North Hampton Lions Club Street Fair takes place Aug. 25-26 and runs from 4:00 pm Friday to 10:00 pm Saturday on Main Street in downtown North Hampton.
This year’s North Hampton Lions Club Street Fair features an antique car show, bounce houses for the kids, a kiddie tractor pull, cake and pie auction, 15 local craft vendors, lots of family-friendly games, and more.
Food trucks will be on hand with everything from sandwiches to dessert, including cinnamon rolls and fresh kettle corn.
Musical entertainment plays a big part in the North Hampton Street Fair, and fans can hear anything from country and rock-n-roll to bluegrass and show tunes. This year’s music line-up includes: The Kate Hasting Band, the Fleez, the Jammers, the New Carlisle Area Community Chorus (NCACC), Rum River Blend, and Corky’s Old-Time Dance Band.
The Springfield Heritage Center will also make an appearance with a 20' trailer depicting historic Springfield as it was around the 1900’s.
“This will be an exciting year!” says North Hampton Lions Club member and NCACC Director, Taylor Ball, “Gene Collier is the chairman for the Street Fair, and he has done a great job of carrying on the legacy of the fair that Karl Cox started when it was first organized...We have over 200 wonderful sponsors this year. Best of all, 100% of the Street Fair profits go to the local charities and organizations that (the North Hampton Lions Club) works with! We look forward to seeing everyone come and have a great time at our 2017 North Hampton Street Fair!”
For a complete schedule of events, driving directions, list of sponsors, and printable program for the 2017 North Hampton Lions Club’s Street Fair, visit northhamptonlions.com/Street-fair.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25TH: 4PM TO 10PM:
- Attractions and Games for Youth – starting at 4pm to 10pm.
- 4pm – 5pm - JOSEPH – Singer and Storyteller – One Man Show
- 6pm to 7pm - THE KATE HASTING BAND – County Music
- We are proud to have the Kate Hasting Band with us again. Kate is a local talent and graduate of Northwestern High School. Kate; her Band; and Family are avid supporters of the North Hampton Lions Club.
- 830pm to 10pm - THE FLEEZ – a Rock-n-Roll Music
- The FLEEZ, a local rock-n-roll band, has been an avid supporter of local festivals and a long-time supporter of the New Carlisle Heritage of Flight Festival. We are proud that they are coming to the Street Fair.
- Throughout the evening there will be LOCAL FOOD VENDORS AND CRAFTS for all to enjoy; 50/50 Tickets will be available for the drawing that will occur on Saturday evening around 8pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH 10AM TO 10PM:
- 10am to 2pm – ANNUAL CAR SHOW – cash prizes for 1st place - $100 --- 2nd place --- $75 --- 3rd place $50 ---
- During the Car Show music will be provided by GOOD VIBRATIONS DJ SERVICE; a local business and friend of the Lions; after the Car Show Good Vibrations will stay around and play music for the entire day.
- 11am to 1pm – KIDDIE TRACTOR PULL as presented by National Kiddie Tractor Pullers Association.
- 2pm – The “JAMMERS” – local group of guys, including one Lion’s Club Member, who like to jam will play live under the tent.
- 3pm – 4pm – THE NEW CARLISLE AREA COMMUNITY CHOIR, will sing and entertain, featuring Americana Music before and during the Veterans Ceremony. the NC Community Area Choir, has been a long-time tradition and pride of the New Carlisle Area for many, many years.
- 4pm – 5pm – VETERAN’S CEREMONY – featuring the Tecumseh High School ROTC Color Guard and music by the New Carlisle Area Community Choir.
- 6pm to 700pm – RUM RIVER BLEND – a blend of Bluegrass, Folk, and Gospel Music for everyone to enjoy. Everyone knows Rum River Blend, a local bluegrass group who is a Friend of the Lions and has supported the Street Fair for many years. They have always been an avid supporter of local festivals, most recently supporting the New Carlisle Farmer’s Market. We are proud to have them entertain again this year.
- 7pm to 830pm – PIE, CAKE, AND CUPCAKE AUCTION; sweets as prepared by our Lion Club Members; this is a fund raiser for the Club. Our 50/50 DRAWING will occur sometime around 8pm; you do not have to be present to win; we welcome your financial support and good luck!!!
- 830pm to 10pm – CORKY’S OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL DANCE BAND – A local band who entertains and plays music people love to dance to; come dance with the Lions!!!