Friday, August 25th - 4pm to 10pm, Saturday, August 26th – 10am to 10pm
The North Hampton Lions Club is proud to announce that our 2017 Street Fair will be held on Friday, August 25th and Saturday, August 26th in North Hampton. This event is the North Hampton Lion’s Club opportunity to thank the area community for its moral and financial support over the last year. This support is what makes it possible for the North Hampton Lions Club to help those in need and serve the local community. Over the last year, the North Hampton Lions have served 26 Organizations, Programs, or Institutions through volunteering and providing financial support with the focus on Youth, Wellness, and Community. Our Street Fair is financially supported this year by over 200 donors from area businesses; local elected officials; and local individuals and friends of the North Hampton Lions Club. The Lion’s Club Members cannot thank the many donors, enough, for their overwhelming moral and financial support of this year’s Street Fair and continuing to make it possible to serve and help the community.
This year the Street Fair will offer many exciting events for youth and adults alike. Most importantly, there will be food vendors with a variety of eats and sweets for everyone to enjoy. The weekend will feature attractions and games for the youth, as provided by a local company, Fun Services of Huber Heights. Friday Night and Saturday Day are also packed with entertainment, both for those who love County, Bluegrass, Americana, Rock-n-Roll, and Old Time Rock-n-Roll Music that you can dance to. Saturday will feature the Kiddie Tractor Pull, of which is a blast for the young ones and very entertaining for the adults who are young at heart. The event of the weekend is our Veteran’s Ceremony on Saturday afternoon, wherein the Lion Club Members will honor our Veterans from the local community. So, if you are a Veteran, please come out and see us so we can recognize and thank you for your service to our country. Overall, the events and activities for the weekend are as follows:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25TH: 4PM TO 10PM:
- Attractions and Games for Youth – starting at 4pm to 10pm.
- 4pm – 5pm - JOSEPH – Singer and Storyteller – One Man Show
- 6pm to 7pm - THE KATE HASTING BAND – County Music
- We are proud to have the Kate Hasting Band with us again. Kate is a local talent and graduate of Northwestern High School. Kate; her Band; and Family are avid supporters of the North Hampton Lions Club.
- 830pm to 10pm - THE FLEEZ – a Rock-n-Roll Music
- The FLEEZ, a local rock-n-roll band, has been an avid supporter of local festivals and a long-time supporter of the New Carlisle Heritage of Flight Festival. We are proud that they are coming to the Street Fair.
- Throughout the evening there will be LOCAL FOOD VENDORS AND CRAFTS for all to enjoy; 50/50 Tickets will be available for the drawing that will occur on Saturday evening around 8pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH 10AM TO 10PM:
- 10am to 2pm – ANNUAL CAR SHOW – cash prizes for 1st place - $100 --- 2nd place --- $75 --- 3rd place $50 ---
- During the Car Show music will be provided by GOOD VIBRATIONS DJ SERVICE; a local business and friend of the Lions; after the Car Show Good Vibrations will stay around and play music for the entire day.
- 11am to 1pm – KIDDIE TRACTOR PULL as presented by National Kiddie Tractor Pullers Association.
- 2pm – The “JAMMERS” – local group of guys, including one Lion’s Club Member, who like to jam will play live under the tent.
- 3pm – 4pm – THE NEW CARLISLE AREA COMMUNITY CHOIR, will sing and entertain, featuring Americana Music before and during the Veterans Ceremony. the NC Community Area Choir, has been a long-time tradition and pride of the New Carlisle Area for many, many years.
- 4pm – 5pm – VETERAN’S CEREMONY – featuring the Tecumseh High School ROTC Color Guard and music by the New Carlisle Area Community Choir.
- 6pm to 700pm – RUM RIVER BLEND – a blend of Bluegrass, Folk, and Gospel Music for everyone to enjoy. Everyone knows Rum River Blend, a local bluegrass group who is a Friend of the Lions and has supported the Street Fair for many years. They have always been an avid supporter of local festivals, most recently supporting the New Carlisle Farmer’s Market. We are proud to have them entertain again this year.
- 7pm to 830pm – PIE, CAKE, AND CUPCAKE AUCTION; sweets as prepared by our Lion Club Members; this is a fund raiser for the Club. Our 50/50 DRAWING will occur sometime around 8pm; you do not have to be present to win; we welcome your financial support and good luck!!!
- 830pm to 10pm – CORKY’S OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL DANCE BAND – A local band who entertains and plays music people love to dance to; come dance with the Lions!!!
The North Hampton Lions Club strives to support the community with its many local projects as well as the State of Ohio and International Lions Projects. It is only with your help and support that we are able to serve the community. We will recognize and thank our donors, individually, during the Street Fair and on our Brochure/Program, prior to and during the Street Fair. Please come out and help us serve the Community.