CL Gun Club 1946Crystal Lake Gun Club was chosen in 1946 to host the 60th annual Ohio State Trapshoot.  The shoot attracted a record field being the largest in

Taynors Greenhhouse newThe Taynor Greenhouse was first opened in 1908 by Charlie and Russell Taynor.  It was located on the west side of Lake Road about 100 feet south

1949 ncbasketball1949 copy copyThe above photo is of the 1949 New Carlisle High School basketball team. Team members (Top row): Herb Blair, Gene Fisher, Dan Cook, Harold Loper, Dale

Donn Covered bridge bThis covered bridge crossed Donnels Creek on the west side of Donnelsville.  It was one of three covered bridges in Bethel Township built in the

Fire Department 1930sThe above photo is of the New Carlisle Volunteer Fire Department from the 1930’s. The picture was taken in front of the old fire house that stood at

NCHistHere is a photo from 1936 of the SOHIO station that was located at the south side of town. The station stood on the south edge of Henslee Park. Frank

MAHS2Benjamin F. Kauffman was born in Medway March 11, 1863.  When he was a young man he, along with a cousin, went west mainly to see Yellowstone

ZellerGarageOne of Medway landmarks and a reminder of the interurban days is this block building located at the curve of Medway-New Carlisle Road just north of

Funston Fountain FountainThe above picture is of the General Funston Memorial at the New Carlisle Library at 227 S. Main Street. The builder of the memorial was W.R. Lampert.

DSC 0075"Maintenance Costs Far Exceed The Price To Remove The Structure"
This week marks the 81st “birthday” of the water tower looming over New Carlisle’s

Back to Top